The Catholic Diocese of Richmond will make financial aid available to all who seek a Catholic education within the confines of the Catholic Diocese of Richmond from a special fund, the McMahon Parater Scholarship Foundation (MPSF).
In order to qualify for these funds, families must adhere to the following guidelines:
All families seeking financial aid from the MPSF must complete a FACTS application form including supporting documents by March 1, 2018 for existing families or
June 1, 2018 for new families and families with business income.
Applicants can apply online at https://online.factsmgt.com/aid. If you have questions or concerns about the FACTS application process, you may speak with a FACTS Customer Care Representative at 1-866-315-9262.
The following information is required in order for FACTS to process your application:
1. Completed online application.
2. Payment of the $30 application fee.
3. Families with W2 income only will need to send their 2017 tax return along with their 2017 W2’s.
4. Families with income other than W2 income (such as rental income, business income, income from a partnership, or any other source of income) must send their 2017 tax return and 2017 W2’s.
5. Families who are not required to file a tax return must send documentation to reflect this, such as documentation for Social Security Income, Welfare, Child Support, Food Stamps, Workers’ Compensation, and TANF.
Fax supporting documents by March 1, 2018 (or June 1, 2018 for families with income other than W2) to: 1-866-315-9264. (Access to FAX machines may be available at your school.)
FACTS will verify supporting documents and assess a family’s ability to pay and need determination.
Based upon a predetermined amount of total aid available, the MPSF will grant awards for each applicant by
April 1, 2018 for Round 1 families and July 1, 2018 for Round 2 families.
Awarded amount will not exceed $1,000 per student, with the exception of funds from Virginia tax credits scholarships. Those awards will not exceed FACTS calculated need, or the limit established by the Virginia Department of Education for the Scholarships Tax Credits program, whichever is lower.
Principals are required to verify that the aid provided by the MPF has been accepted by the family and the student is enrolled and attending their school by September 15, 2017.
Distribution of the MPSF monies will be available after October 1, 2017 of the new school year, and will be sent to the school on the child’s behalf and credited towards tuition.
Should a family decline the MPSF financial aid or should a family leave the school during the year, the Diocese must be notified immediately at 804-359-5661.