Benedictine College Preparatory is accepting applications for Substitute Teachers for the 2017-2018 school year. Applications and resumes are being accepted immediately and interviews will be scheduled for competitive candidates on a rolling basis.
Benedictine College Preparatory is a Catholic, Military, all boys school located on the James River in Richmond, Virginia. Our mission is to form Cadets as Christian men of conscience, discipline, and achievement. Our curriculum and standards prepare our graduates for study at top-tier four-year institutions of higher learning.
Essential responsibilities for our Substitute Teachers include:
• Enthusiastic support of our school mission: “We will form Cadets as Christian men of conscience, discipline, and achievement.”
• A strong and positive appreciation for the Catholic faith with an ability to enthusiastically communicate a passion for our mission with our students, parents, and school community.
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related discipline.
• Must possess the ability to manage a classroom of high school boys in a college preparatory environment.
Preferred qualifications include:
• Prior teaching or education experience strongly preferred (but not required). Experience teaching in a Catholic school, all-boys school, military school, military experience, or high-school level are all advantages for a well-qualified applicant.
• Best consideration for qualified applicants in a core subject discipline: math, science, social studies, or English.
To apply: Please submit a resume, a completed application, and an essay titled “My View of America” to the Associate Headmaster, Michael Bussman at firstname.lastname@example.org. A cover letter is optional. Our application can be found on our website at: http://www.benedictinecollegeprep.org/about-bcp/employment
Inquiries from candidates that are missing a resume, application, or essay will not receive a response.