Saint Bridget Catholic Church, a parish of about 3,000 families in Richmond, VA is seeking a Coordinator of Youth Ministry (CYM) to coordinate Middle and High School Youth Groups, and Confirmation Formation (10th grade) as part of a team approach to forming lifelong disciples.
Successful candidates will have a commitment and passion for working with teenagers and their families. This position will develop and implement a comprehensive ministry to the youth of the parish community encompassing faith formation programs, evangelization, and community building activities. The youth leader will report to the Pastor and the Director of Faith Formation, and will be responsible to recruit, train and supervise program volunteers. This is a full-time position that combines youth ministry with some administrative responsibility; the successful candidate will be familiar and comfortable with computer work. This position combines weekday office hours with regular evening and weekend ministry work.
The Youth Leader will be a faithful Catholic who demonstrates a love for the particular needs of young people and lives out the moral teachings of the Church. The CYM should help teens develop a relationship with Christ and work towards getting them excited about being Catholic as they experience God in their lives.
- Practicing Catholic in good standing, able to participate in the sacramental life of the Church, with a ready and proficient knowledge of the Faith
- Grounded in sound Catholic doctrine, faithful to the teaching authority of the Church
- Passion for evangelizing and guiding/mentoring youth
- Valid driver’s license and must be willing to have a criminal background check and be Virtus certified
- Willing to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends, and occasional overnight trips to chaperone Diocesan events
- Proficient in the use of technology and social media, e.g., Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- BA or MA in Religious Studies or Theology from a Catholic institution are a plus!