Blessed Sacrament Huguenot Catholic School seeks a highly qualified, enthusiastic, dedicated Director of Upper School to be responsible for all activities involving students, their families, faculty, and staff for the school’s Upper School (Grades 6-12).
Reporting directly to the Head of School, the Director of Upper School will be a collaborative member of the school’s leadership team and oversee the operations and staff of the Upper School, all while ensuring the fulfillment of the school’s mission.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide faculty support and training for differentiated instruction
• Educate faculty in an ongoing manner on latest educational innovations and learning strategies and help faculty employ these approaches
• Model, observe, and coach faculty on the implementation of best teaching practices; ensure that teachers are familiar and adhere to school policies in all areas of the school operation
• Supervise discipline
• Work effectively with parents and the school’s Parent Teacher Organization
• Be aware of the educational, physical, and social needs of the members of our school community and develop plans for meeting those needs
• Oversee and direct the activities of the department chairs, the sponsors of various student organizations and activities, and faculty committees
• Assist in the planning and the presentation of upper school assemblies and programs; assist in maintaining a comprehensive calendar of school events; keep the entire upper school community informed of various school programs and activities
• Provide for the academic guidance of students; oversee the grading and the reporting of standards and methods used by teachers in measuring student achievement
• Recruit and retain highly qualified upper school faculty
• Assist the Office of Admission to recruit and retain mission-appropriate students and welcome new families to the BSH family
• Attend and support school events and fundraising efforts.
|The ideal candidate will have at least five years of teaching experience, two years of leadership and management experience, have a current VA teaching license and endorsement in school administration, and have experience working with a diverse student population. The successful candidate will be pro-active, self-motivated, highly organized, a team player, a problem-solver, resilient, trustworthy, encouraging, and inspiring as well as be a practicing Catholic. The Director of Upper School must be a great listener and communicator who builds relationships, manages conflict, and inspires learning and growth.