School > Catholic Schools
Interstate Compact on Educational Opportunity for Military Children
- The Interstate Compact on Educational Opportunity for Military Children (MIC3) establishes a set of rules designed to remove barriers to educational success imposed on children of military families because of frequent moves and deployment of their parents. View the Virginia Code of Law for more information.
- Throughout the enrollment process, it is important special care be taken to fully explore how to address school transfer issues which generally impact the following categories:
- Enrollment Requirements: immunizations, entrance age, records
- Course/Grade placement
- Attendance and absences related to deployment
- Eligibility for extracurricular participation
- Graduation Requirements: course waivers, credits, high school transfers
- Armed with the appropriate information, these decisions will be made at the school level.