Sacred Heart Center seeks a part-time Children’s Program Lead Facilitator at Sacred Heart Center in Richmond. The Children’s Program Lead Facilitator is to provide appropriate developmental care and instruction for child and youth ranging from 18 months to 4 years old in one or more of the children’s programs at the Sacred Heart Center. Schedule: Monday through Thursday, 8:30 am to 2 pm
SHC connects Latino families with tools to thrive and flourish. Our work manifests through: A continuum of educational opportunities for adults, innovative programs for youth and children, and strategic partnerships to meet community needs. We envision a Richmond community that actively embraces each other in our shared humanity.
The Children’s Program Lead Facilitator will have the following primary responsibilities:
Plan and implement activities for children
- Provides care and supervision, oversight, and accountability for program participants.
- Develops schedules and activity plans, ensures that program plans and activities incorporate the observed needs of individual children and youth.
- Demonstrates, instructs, leads and facilitates planned and spontaneous program activities.
- Uses prepared curriculum and program materials.
- Meet the physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs of each child during the program.
- Helps arrange for and/or serve appropriate snacks or meals where applicable.
- Incorporates special instructions provided by parents such as special dietary needs, physical needs, or other information that may affect the child or youth’s experience in the program.
- Maintains control of and accounts for whereabouts and safety of children and youth ranging in age from 18 months to 4 years old.
- Assist with Program Support/Administration/Evaluation
Experience and Attributes:
Ideal candidates for this position will share our commitment to our mission and to our values of compassion, inclusion, equity, and collaboration, and have related experience, including:
Applicants must possess a high school diploma or GED certificate. Associate’s or Bachelor’s preferred.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age at the time of appointment and must have the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds, walk, bend, and stand/stoop on a routine basis.
- Must satisfactorily complete mandatory training as specified and demonstrate competency within required time frames.
- Prior experience with children and/or youth is preferred.
- Computer literacy/data entry skills preferred
- Ability to connect with others and forge strong relationships, especially children
- Bilingual in Spanish and English, bi-cultural
- Exemplary record of strong communication skills and customer service focus, excellent follow-up, and an ability to work with diverse groups in a courteous and professional manner
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and to occasional evenings and weekends is necessary.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for SHC’s mission
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume by email to: Claudia Guerrero Barrera, Director of Programs, Claudia_Guerrero@shcrichmond.org.