Sacred Heart Catholic School (grades PreK-8) located in Danville, Virginia, seeks dynamic and highly qualified candidates for the position of principal beginning with the 2021-2022 school year.
The successful candidate:
- will be committed to fostering and maintaining a Catholic environment that is an authentic expression of Catholic faith, with the goal of producing faithful graduates where everything done in and through the school expresses love for and obedience to Jesus Christ and His Body, the Church;
- will have a working knowledge of the Church’s teachings regarding Catholic identity and the National Standards and Benchmarks for Effective Catholic Elementary and Secondary Schools; and,
- will possess a demonstrated commitment to academic excellence, with an emphasis on innovative learning skills, teaching methods, and curricula.
Responsibilities will include:
- establishing a tone that enables the spiritual growth of students, faculty, and the entire school community;
- working collaboratively with the Pastor, the School Advisory Board, faculty, and parents to foster a learning environment deeply rooted in the Church’s teaching on Catholic identity, where Christ’s principles guide every dimension of the school’s life and activity;
- assessing and overseeing the school’s academic programs and faculty effectiveness;
- communicating effectively with students, families and the community;
- representing the school in the parish community and greater community; and,
- overseeing non-academic matters including, but not limited to, enrollment management, planning, budgets, development, and marketing.
The successful candidate will:
- be a practicing Catholic;
- possess a master’s degree in Education Administration and Supervision or a related field and five years teaching and/or administrative experience.
- hold a Virginia license in Administration and Supervision and,
- possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
Salary: commensurate with experience.
An introductory letter summarizing the candidate’s qualifications, a resume, and a completed Diocesan application should be sent to Principal Search Committee at email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until filled. The new principal is expected to begin by July 1, 2021.
For more information about Sacred Heart Catholic School, visit https://sheartschool.com/