The Office of Archives and Fr. Neal Nichols of St. Benedict Parish in Chesapeake, VA, are pleased to bring Treasures of the Church, an exposition of over 150 sacred relics, to the Diocese of Richmond this month.
Treasures of the Church, led by Fr. Carlos Martins of the Companions of the Cross, provides attendees with an opportunity to experience the living God through relics of His saints. Each exposition begins with a multi-media presentation on the Church’s use of relics and concludes with the viewing of relics of some of the church’s most well-known saints. Guests are invited to bring articles of devotion or photos of ill friends or family members which can be touched to the reliquaries in intercessory prayer.
Relics of St. Benedict, St. Teresa of Avila, St. Maria Goretti, St. Therese of Lisieux (the “Little Flower”), St. Francis of Assisi, St. Anthony of Padua, St. Thomas Aquinas, and St. Faustina Kowalska will be among the Treasures of the Church exposition. A piece of a veil believed to have belonged to Our Lady and one of the largest remaining pieces of the True Cross in the world will also be on display.
View these treasures at any of the following times and locations:
- Sat. Sept. 22, 6 p.m., St. Joseph, Richmond
- Sun., Sept. 23, 12:15 p.m., The Cathedral of the Sacred Heart, Richmond
- Mon., Sept. 24, 7 p.m., St. Peter the Apostle, Onley
- Tue., Sept. 25, 7 p.m., St. John the Apostle, Virginia Beach
- Weds., Sept. 26, 7 p.m., St. Benedict, Chesapeake
- Thurs., Sept. 27, 7 p.m., Sacred Heart, Danville
- Fri., Sept. 28, 7 p.m., St. Andrew, Roanoke
- Sat., Sept. 29, 1:30 p.m., St. Anne, Bristol
Visit www.treasuresofthechurch.com for more information.