Office of Ethnic Ministries
Cultivate the culture of encounter, mutual appreciation and spiritual accompaniment where people from different ethnic backgrounds can feel at home in our parish communities.
Promote leadership formation under the lens of intercultural Catholic communities.
- Support the parish priests and lay leadership to engage the entire community as one body with mutual respect and appreciation.
- Reinforce local communities to open their hearts to the diversity of the newcomers.
- Promote leadership formation under the spirit of missionary discipleship.
- Provide space of encounter for our young generation and plant the seed of the faith and vocations.
- Facilitate training for the new ministers and catechist in Spanish.
- Devotions (Different Languages) – Provide parishes with guidelines to promote the most popular devotions of the main ethnic groups that are part of our diocese.
- Spirituality (English/Spanish) – Learn and deepen the richness of the different spiritualities that are part of our diocesan catholic families.
- Sacraments & Liturgy (Spanish) – Training for the new parish catechetical leaders and ministers for sacraments and liturgy.
- Outreach Ministry (English/Spanish) – Create strategies to welcome newcomers from the missionary perspective and build bridges among peoples.
- Youth Ministry (English/Spanish) – Train competent leaders to promote catholic values, inspirational figures and give continuity to our catholic tradition for the next generation.
- Migrant & Refugee Ministry (Various Languages) – Support migrants and refugees in settling in U.S.A and being part of our faith community.