Deacon Chris Barrett, permanent deacon at St. Elizabeth Parish, Richmond, shares a snack and practices speaking English with African immigrant children following youth faith formation classes.
Deacons seeking ministry in the Diocese of Richmond should be registered in a local parish. The deacon should schedule a meeting with the pastor to discuss ministry in the parish; the pastor will write a letter of recommendation for the deacon’s ministry to the Bishop of Richmond. An interview with the Deacon Director is also required.
CONFIDENTIAL APPLICATION FOR AN EXTERN PERMANENT DEACON SEEKING TO BE APPOINTED TO MINISTRY IN THE DIOCESE OF RICHMOND
- Letter of permission from Ordinary
- If outside home diocese, letter of permission from current Ordinary also.
- Affidavit of Suitability for Ministry
- Confidential Application for an Extern Permanent Deacon Seeking Ministry
- Letters of reference from pastor and Deacon Director from home diocese
- Code of Ethics Policy Acknowledgement Form
- Digital Communications & Media Policy Acknowledgement Form
- Doctor’s statement of health
- Safe Environment Training: VIRTUS
- Background screening with fingerprints
- Electronic photo of deacon in grey clerical shirt